Sseesamirembe International Solar Airport (SISA)
SISA - International Gateway for Industrial Air Commerce
SISA a solution to:
- dramatic Changes in the way businesses operate around the world.
- the emergence of a new competitive environment in which price and quality are necessary but no longer sufficient-for commercial success.
- Increasing demand from customers of both established and emerging markets for fast and reliable delivery of products with distinctive personalized features.
- Industrial advantage for flexibly and rapidly responding to domestic and global customers by delivering lower cost, high-quality products quickly and efficiently.
- Staying on top of competition with efficient global supply-chain management by drawing on an international network of suppliers of raw materials and sub assemblers. increase flow of information worldwide to produce desired products and deliver them more quickly in order to capture the market.
- Cost advantage for speedy global supply-chain network. reduction for warehousing and inventory costs, stock-outs and remaindered goods.
SISA Overcomes Transportation and Logistics Barriers
Industrial based with warehousing strategies for speed, agility and efficient supply-chain management strategies, Sseesamirembe International Solar Airport (SISA) has been designed to overcome existing transportation and logistics barriers
SISA is designed to meet the industry needs of firms engaged in the following strategic areas:
- International mail sorting and courier services.
- Horticultural production, processing and export.
- Gem and precious materials processing, quality assurance and export.
- Manufacturing and industrial processes.
- Assembly and sub-assembly plants.
- Manufactured goods importers and distributors.
- Fish processing and exporting firms.
- Agro-processing industries.
Sseesamirembe International Solar Airport Design Features
SISA is designed to create the proven elements of a modern industrial park that is anchored by modern manufacturing and distribution facilities serviced by air, road and water routes (Multimodal transportation), advanced telecommunications, efficient materials-handling systems and commercial support services that link tenants to both domestic and international suppliers, financiers and customers.
The key infrastructure includes:
1. Well-equipped international cargo airside infrastructure:
With runways taxiway, aprons and ramps capable of handling fully loaded wide-body air freighters. This infrastructure is the core of the SISA project.
2. Manufacturing and distribution facilities:
Located directly along customized taxiways and ramps, that allows air freighters to come virtually to the "factory of warehouse door".
3. Computer-guided cargo sorting and transfer system (CSTS):
Enables materials, products and components being imported or exported to be sorted and transported to the desired internal network of "dedicated-rights-of-way". This network links off-ramp tenants to the central cargo area, a state-of-art inter-modal complex providing access to air freighters, trucks and materialshandling systems. In addition, the CSTS connects tenants and the central cargo area to loading platforms and truck cross-docking for bulk and heavy cargo and is particularly valuable connection to port-bound or port originating cargo.
4. Central Cargo Facility:
The hub of the central cargo area and cargo transfer system shall comprise the "central Cargo Area". This section of SISA shall be located along the airfield's main taxiway. The Central Cargo Facility (CCF) provides off-ramp and off-site factories, warehouses, and distribution centers with automated sorting capability, customs clearance and air freight access. It is expected that many SISA tenants will not have the volume of cargo to justify direct air-freighter docking. The CCF offers them air access via the Cargo Sorting and Transfer System (CSTS) or to the direct truck-crossdocking at the rear of the facility.
5. Multi-lane Freeway System:
The entire complex of SISA shall be served by a loop multilane freeway system encircling the airport and providing highpowered access to all parts of SISA and as well to local Sseesamirembe Eco- City road network and to regional and cross border highway systems. The loop shall be complemented by internal roads that connect the central cargo area and tenants to the loop road.
6. Electronic Commerce Capabilities:
Along with its multimodal transportation and cargo-handling systems, the SISA infrastructure system shall support its tenants and users with comprehensive electronic commerce infrastructure provided off a broad band WI-FI back bone. Electronic data interchange, fiber optics, multi-media networks and on-site digitized satellite uplinks and downlinks shall offer tenants and users electronic access to the global commerce world. Electronic data exchange (EDI) improves the supplychain management and a variety of other logistical practices enabling users to track, coordinate and control materials and product flows across both domestic and international transportation modes. Plug-in software systems shall allow tenants and users real-time access to worldwide supplier, distributor and customer database.
7. Expedited Customs Procedures:
SISA shall establish automated manifest systems and express customs clearance to facilitate tenants import and export activities. SISA’s location within the Sseesamirembe Eco-City: Lake Victoria Free Trade Zone allows tenants to defer, reduce or eliminate payment of duties normally associated with the import business. The Free Zone Status also reduces bureaucratic barriers often associated with importing and exporting.
8. Training-Management Education:
The SISA training and management center shall be established to ensure that tenants have sufficient skilled workers and managers. The on-site center shall provide a wide range of worker training, management education and technology-transfer functions. A key feature of the center shall be its distance-learning capability, to provide tenants with real-time audio, video and tactile worker training customized to their needs, from virtually any location in the world.