Sseesamirembe Eco-City: Lake Victoria Free Trade Zone is planned as a low-carbon city, conceived to provide a high competitive operational base, including efficient infrastructures, advanced installations, administrative support and high-tech services to local and foreign companies looking to successfully penetrate or enhance their share of the regional and the global markets.
This international multi-racial, multi-religiously diverse eco-city municipality is planned around sound ecological principles of preservation, pedestrian friendly urban designs and self-reliant, renewable energy sources.
Sseesamirembe is purposefully designed to attract international and regional technological transfers and innovations as well as international capital to promote environmentally friendly and energy-efficient architectural designs, building materials, transportation, renewable energy, waste and water management, agro-forestry, eco and cultural tourism and ecologically sound industrialization.
The attractiveness of the Free Trade Zone is based on a management system enshrined in a well structured and un-ambiguous Charter, a full exemption of a wide range of taxes and an eco-friendly environment. Click here Adobe Acrobat Pdf Final Charter.
The boundless capital circulation without controls, limits or taxes, the access to the international banking centers, the ability to use any type of bank account system - without taxes and the special immigration status for foreign investors are some of the additional factors that increase the value and attractiveness of this project.
The Sseesamirembe Eco-City is planned to be a sustainable flagship of post-industrial development for Uganda and the entire Sub-Saharan region. The Eco-City shall act as a replicable model of a low-carbon city that as well helps the poor to become economically prosperous and acts as an anchor for regional economic development.
The Zone integrates, several concepts of a specialized zone that currently exist around the world which Sseesamirembe Eco-City is being developed are:
- To emerge as East-Central Africa's first private Free Trade Zone Municipality granted Tax-Free status by the national government.
- An ideal base for unrivalled freedom and leisure opportunities.
- It is being planned to offer great sports and shopping facilities, a wide variety of manufactured goods offered at world-competitive prices.
- As an e-commerce hub, the Sseesamirembe Eco-City: LVFTZ is being planned and developed with a major effort to establish itself as one of Africa's best e-commerce hubs. This will enable business-persons to access and transact their business fully via the internet.
- Economic and financial empowerment of the native population by creating thousands of job opportunities, industrial growth opportunities, boosting local agricultural and providing a ready-market for agricultural produce both locally and for export to world markets.
- Center for post-production audio visual, documentary and movie production.